Friday, May 7, 2010

Boredom

I'm about to embark on a wonderful little road trip this weekend to the beach. Upon arrival at work this morning, I was informed about a festival at the beach and how there will be lots of traffic. Oh no! There goes my fun, celebratory weekend, right? Not at all.

I have a theory, and it applies to me, at least. Writers don't get bored. Unless they want to.

There, I said it. I can always sit in my own world and create adventures, silly characters, anything. I only get bored when I don't want to do that. When I don't want to watch TV, or read a book, or do anything else. It's self-inflicted boredom.

Back to my trip, I'm lucky in the fact that I am traveling with two other writers. And we've already started a great list of things to do in the car. Nothing can keep us down! Have a great weekend everybody.

3 comments:

  1. Your theory applies to me as well. I'm never bored. I read or write or do some math (yes, I like that too).

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math? Well, to each his own. I enjoy cleaning (some people call me sick for that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Math is cool; both reading math and doing math. I'm working on a little blog post about art in math; wait and see ...

    Wish I enjoyed cleaning too; our house would benefit from that >:)))

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete