Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Patience

Sure, we all could use a little patience. Being a writer, I'm familiar with patience. There are characters to listen to, plots to unravel, and words to write. But the patience I'm writing about tonight is patience with myself. The last few months, I haven't worked on my writing very much at all. And today, I've finally allowed myself to be okay with that.

I will write when it comes to me. I will write when I have the energy, and it is okay if I take some time away from it. Most likely, now that I've given myself permission to not write, I will want to. But either way, I'm not a professional writer; I do not have to meet goals set by other people. I still want to be a writer, but I also work full-time. I have the drive to write, but have other needs as well. And for now, those other needs are sleep, reading, relaxing, organizing my life, and feeling good about myself.

Happy writing to those of you who are! I'm sure I'll be joining you soon.

And PS- I got a kitten to keep my other cat company. Meet Neko!

1 comment:

  1. Breaks are great! But I can't wait until you return to writing because I miss reading your stuff! It's so fun discussing our characters like they're our friends. I was thinking Jaylee and Niko would make a cute couple. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete