Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm back!

Okay, it has been a really long time since I last blogged. Shame on me!

Now that we're halfway through the second month of the year, I decided it was time to stop putting off blogging. And I really did have things to say (even in January) but never got around to it.

It's quite silly that one of my resolutions was to blog more. Obviously, I haven't quite reached that. But I have been working on a new novel. A different new novel. The old novel I was working on in December, I decided wasn't working for me, so I switched to something new. A book I had been dying to write for a year, but because of the themes and characters I thought it wouldn't sell well, or maybe not even find an agent. But then I decided, I was going to write for me. Because I felt passionate about the book. And I'm loving it right now. I'm almost to the 40K mark.

Besides writing, I have a goal to read 4 books a month. So far, I'm doing great. I've read so many great books and that lingering guilt I get when I look at my TBR (to be read) pile has lessened.

Lastly, I've been going to a gym. It's hard work, but I'm really surprised as how motivated I am to go. And the more I go, the better I feel. Which leaves me to wonder why I was never going to the gym before. I think it's rather like a blank page. It's hardest to get over that start. To start writing a novel, to start filling the blank page. Just like it's hardest to find a gym and sign up and then get into the routine of going as often as your goals require.

Hope this post finds everyone well. Time to catch up on my blog reading :)

OH! And let me say, for anyone who loves Heather Brewer and her great Vlad Tod books, go here! She's giving away hoodies and they're lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    I think it took me about 2 weeks of exercising regularly to start 'feeling better'. My exercise buddy always feels more energized after working out and I just wanted to crawl into bed and never move again.

    Now I'm at the point where I actually do feel better after a workout. It's definitely a nice feeling and it's what keeps me going back.

    40k, Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a workout buddy. I think for me, I feel pumped for an hour then the energy drains and I want to sleep!

    ReplyDelete